Menu

Just found out that ds's car might be totaled!

A company came out this morning(insurance preferred company)to pick up ds's car and have it looked over to find out how much it will cost to fix..from him rearing a lady Saturday. It was not drivable so we opted for this.

Well I was told by the company this afternoon that it is possibly totaled!! We won't find out for sure for another day or two..insurance company has to look it over.

This is so aggravating..this is a good car(98' Honda Accord) and its hard to believe that there is THAT much damage...$4400 worth!

Sad thing is ds just paid $720 to get the rack and pin(?)fixed Saturday...2mins before the accident!

The mechanic told him they didn't see anything else wrong with the car.

And ds has almost paid it off...shy by 3 months!

Companies will total at the drop of a hat.

This happened to us with a fender/bender in the snow with DH's car over the winter. It cost more than the $3K it was worth to fix it "right" according to the estimate. (Ours was even drivable!) They ended up offering to total it and give us the money less a salvage fee, and then DH got Dent Doctor to minimally fix it so it was drivable for $500. It really doesn't look bad. So they are now issuing us a "salvage" title, so we cannot sell it, and if something else happens to it, too bad so sad.

Sigh. We are trying to save up to replace our OTHER vehicle. And now we have this salvage. I feel your pain.

A couple of months ago, our 97 Honda Accord was totaled by an accident that happened in the driveway. My DH was pulling into the driveway and our friend was backing his truck down the driveway. The truck hit the right rear panel of the accord. The damage done cost more than the car was worth because it would have required too many parts to be replaced. We got $4800 plus Georgia sales tax. The funny thing is that if we wouldn't have gotten that much if we had used it as a trade-in so we feel we came out ahead.

Companies will total at the drop of a hat.

This happened to us with a fender/bender in the snow with DH's car over the winter. It cost more than the $3K it was worth to fix it "right" according to the estimate. (Ours was even drivable!) They ended up offering to total it and give us the money less a salvage fee, and then DH got Dent Doctor to minimally fix it so it was drivable for $500. It really doesn't look bad. So they are now issuing us a "salvage" title, so we cannot sell it, and if something else happens to it, too bad so sad.

Sigh. We are trying to save up to replace our OTHER vehicle. And now we have this salvage. I feel your pain.

I thought about asking the insurance agent to see if they would pay their max amount and we pay the difference. But know I don't think that would be a good idea.

I would love for them to call me today or tomorrow and say they are going to fix it. Doesn't hurt to hope does it???

A couple of months ago, our 97 Honda Accord was totaled by an accident that happened in the driveway. My DH was pulling into the driveway and our friend was backing his truck down the driveway. The truck hit the right rear panel of the accord. The damage done cost more than the car was worth because it would have required too many parts to be replaced. We got $4800 plus Georgia sales tax. The funny thing is that if we wouldn't have gotten that much if we had used it as a trade-in so we feel we came out ahead.

I don't know how much he would get for his car. It would be great if he got that amount!!! I didn't know they added in sales tax.

I think they will take out our deductible.

Then ds has to finish paying off the loan on that car.

Our concern is that we will not find another car as good has that one for that amount! We knew the guy that had this car and he was the only owner before ds.

How long did it take them to issue you your check?