Menu

Would you skip R&S E6?

jen_pad

My daughter is in 9th this year. We are behind in the English due to a late start. She does extremely well in this area. We did the 5th book after Easy Grammar for several years and her knowledge of the subject excelled by leaps and bounds. She is wanting to major in English in college and I was wondering would you go on into the 6th or 7th book? I plan to do all the books but if any are mostly review, I thought we might could get caught up quicker. I would rather not skip one though if it might leave her with gaps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think you might be just as well off looking at Analytical Grammar along with a separate writing program. AG is recommended for 9th and 10th grade in WTM. If you use R&S-6, the grammar portion will be ok, but the writing will be below grade level expectations.

We are completing R&S-8 this year, and that's really all I've used. But, I'm sure someone on the high school board could point you toward a really good independent writing program.