Menu

How do you make a blog?

Just choose a blog host, lots like blogspot.com, I prefer wordpress.com.

Pick a template you like, there are lots to choose from, and start typing. It's pretty simple to fill in the blanks. As you figure out new things, you can add to it. Don't let your limited knowledge now stop you from creating one. :)

It's fun, I really enjoy the interaction I get from it. My dad in particular leaves me some of the wackiest comments to make me laugh.

I use blogger and have found it to be very easy and user friendly. I think that you have to have a gmail (google email) account to use it, but it is very easy to set one of those up, too.

First, you pick a name--and hope it hasn't already been used--and then you pick a template. Blogger has a dashboard that you go to by clicking "new post" and from there you can type away, add photos, edit old posts, etc.

I think that you will find it easier than you expect. :)

HTH,

Dawn

I used to use Yahoo 360, right before our move. I think I had about 6 months journaled on it, journaling our process of a big move. What I didn't know was that I registered an email address that was linked to my home DSL account and when I cancelled the phone service to move, that cancelled my Blog account! I liked Yahoo alot, because it was easy to keep it just to family and friends by the "friends" list. I didn't have to worry about how much personal info I put in there because strangers were not looking at it. I also liked it alot because it was a very basic template that everyday I could change the "picture". If it was a party month, or season change, I could change the "feel" of the blog page.

I now use Blogger, from Google. You register with a domain name. The name of your blog. So, the first step is to pick the name of your blog. (much better than association with an email address) Then, you choose a template, and mostly stick with it. The journaling is rather easy. It is simple to follow the menu. I'm sure most blogging sites are much like blogger.

Have fun. I was reluctant to start over, but have had much fun in describing and picturing our adventure of a big move and learning a new city.

I use blogger and have found it to be very easy and user friendly. I think that you have to have a gmail (google email) account to use it, but it is very easy to set one of those up, too.

First, you pick a name--and hope it hasn't already been used--and then you pick a template. Blogger has a dashboard that you go to by clicking "new post" and from there you can type away, add photos, edit old posts, etc.

I think that you will find it easier than you expect. :)

HTH,

Dawn

I use blogger, too. You don't have to have a gmail account to use it, but you do have to create a Google account :).

It's easy to use, and I haven't had any problems with them, other than one self-inflicted problem that took me a bit to fix. But that was when I branched and was trying to do something and I had no idea what I was doing.

It really is easy. I just started one, and I'm one of the most non-techno-savvy people you'll ever meet.

The hardest part for me in beginning was choosing a name. Once I had that, I was set to go.

I use Blogger. I started a couple of times, then deleted them (very easy to do) and started again.

Give it a try! You'll be hooked.

I use wordpress.com too. It really is just *that* easy. Find a host, pick a username (and yes, hope the user/blog name isn't taken..some creativity may be required here ;) ), pick a template and there ya go. You're off and running. Just 'create new post' and there you go. As easy as typing in this message box. Really. :)