Menu

I've decided exactly why it is that I prefer this forum to Facebook type things...

Here there is room to grow and learn, share and exchange ideas. I've learned so much over the past nine years from you ladies (and gents) and I hope that I have somehow contributed something, as well.

I really just want to express my appreciation to Susan for these boards and to y'all who make it a 'community'. I really appreciate this place.

Humbly,

Well, I don't know that facebook is less valuable...

Take this morning for example:

I contributed my belief to my 'community' that Nancy Pelosi looks like a school girl with a crush when she stands next to the president (that's not a comment about her politics; I just giggle when I see her looking like that), and my community confirmed that I am not alone in my feelings that borrowing someone's earbuds is akin to borrowing someone's toothbrush.

:lol:

See? Priceless information being shared over there. :D

I can't say I see it as a place for sharing any real ideas or feelings. Mostly, I see it as a bunch of one liners meant to amuse. For instance, I have about 35 friends and that is hardly any compared to other people I know, but it is like trying to have a conversation with 35 people at once.

Also, this board is somewhat anonymous. I know that after awhile, we get to know each other and some details about each other, but on facebook, it seems like we have old high school friends, Uncle Bob, church friends, spouses, our children, and Cousin Sue. With everyone being in on the conversation, you are less likely to say things like "Can you believe what my sister-in-law did over Christmas? How should I have handled that?" or "Talk about having TEA"or say "I have this really annoying friend...", because you have to look those people in the eye in real life and while Facebook seems very superficial to me, it usually involves people you interact with in real life.

JMO,

Joy

It seems that every day I receive some added "pressure" (in a good way) to join FB. This morning the first email in my inbox was from a friend who basically said, "Some days it's like a party over there. Come on in! We miss you!" I totally appreciate being remembered, and part of me hates missing out on the party. But I know I'd end up spending gobs of time there just doing the one-liner back-and-forth thing, like Delighted3 said and I wouldn't feel very good about that.

Any-hoo. I agree that I've learned a lot here and like you, I appreciate that.