Menu

Giving Reputation

readwithem

I don't understand why we have to "share the wealth" in reputation - it seems like a soccer team where everybody wins a trophy.

Let's face it, there are people who post here who either a) make me laugh, b) make me smile or c) make me think, sometimes all 3 - in just about anything they post.

I would LOVE to acknowledge their input regardless of what I've done in the past.

I've noticed when I tried to give someone some rep for something they said, it told me I had to spread it around.

Well...what if I don't want to, lol?

There's a lot that's fuzzy about the whole 'rep system'. I wonder how much rep you have to give to others, before you can 'double dub' someone you really think deserves it? Or can you just wait it out?

Is there a "Newbies Guide to Repping" posted somewhere?

Hey...I just responded to you about another rep question, LOL! Readwiththem, hon, are you stewing about the rep? :p (J/K)

I've noticed when I tried to give someone some rep for something they said, it told me I had to spread it around.

Well...what if I don't want to, lol?

There's a lot that's fuzzy about the whole 'rep system'. I wonder how much rep you have to give to others, before you can 'double dub' someone you really think deserves it? Or can you just wait it out?

Is there a "Newbies Guide to Repping" posted somewhere?

Hey...I just responded to you about another rep question, LOL! Readwiththem, hon, are you stewing about the rep? :p (J/K)

LOL this one has been on my mind for quite some time (probably since I tried to give more positive feedback but got the "spread it around" message :) so when I got the "blue" rep it jogged my mind.

I'm with you though Jill- it's clear as mud:)