Menu

Cross-post re: George Washington: Spymaster

I read it last year. I didn't find anything objectionable. However, there were many names being thrown around that even I got confused about who was who. I opted to save it for the next go-round with the Revolutionary War.

I think it might be confusing for a 9-year-old. I enjoyed reading it however.

He is currently reading Albert Marrin's book about George Washington. I am also reading the book and I think it is excellent. A great book that is a living history style is called Duel in the Wilderness. This is about Washington during the time of the French and Indian War. My ds has read it twice, and he first read it when he was about 9-10.

Karen

I read it last year. I didn't find anything objectionable. However, there were many names being thrown around that even I got confused about who was who. I opted to save it for the next go-round with the Revolutionary War.

I think it might be confusing for a 9-year-old. I enjoyed reading it however.

Thanks, Paula. If there isn't anything objectionable, maybe I'll let him have a go at it since he's already seen it and keeps asking when he can start it. If he isn't interested, he can always put it down.

Did you find anything to use instead?

He is currently reading Albert Marrin's book about George Washington. I am also reading the book and I think it is excellent. A great book that is a living history style is called Duel in the Wilderness. This is about Washington during the time of the French and Indian War. My ds has read it twice, and he first read it when he was about 9-10.

Karen

Thanks, Mrs. Readsalot. I'll have to look into these. I'm not so sure why he has this fascination with G.W., but it is one that has stuck around for several years now. I guess maybe it is because we are so close to the action, so to speak!