Menu

What coursive program is your favourite?

Mandarinmom

My daughter is anxious to start cursive for 2nd grade. Her printing letters don't look too great in shape and size, she just turned 6, some letters are bigger, some smaller, but all correct. She complains that she is tired of babyish printing, and it really interested in learning cursive. Which one is your favorite cursive in appearance and easier to use? We probably can get WWT from K12 school, but I don't like the look of it. Though it is developed by a therapist. What do you like?

My daughter is anxious to start cursive for 2nd grade. Her printing letters don't look too great in shape and size, she just turned 6, some letters are bigger, some smaller, but all correct. She complains that she is tired of babyish printing, and it really interested in learning cursive. Which one is your favorite cursive in appearance and easier to use? We probably can get WWT from K12 school, but I don't like the look of it. Though it is developed by a therapist. What do you like?

My favorite is BJU Handwriting 1 and Memoria Presses New American Cursive.

HTH:001_smile:

GD is based on the classical italic style of handwriting, but with a clean and modern flow to it that is easy for children to learn. It is also much, much easier to read than loopy cursive. I've seen my daughter's handwriting improve a great deal each time we complete a workbook.

I also teach part-time at a private classical school where students learn the GD method in the early grades, so I see a lot of student handwriting. I am really in love with this style!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Strangely our K12 teacher did not even understand why we need to learn cursive at all, unless it is required by school in grade 3. I am an artist sort of, and my printing is nice looking too, though I started to write with cursive at 7. It takes me at least twice longer to write the same thing in print. Thank you for input. I am still looking to compare.