Menu

I just took dd 15 for her first driving lesson.

Oooh, that's good! I remember the first driving incident, er, I mean "lesson".

On the other hand, I had great fun when my eldest was practicing parallel parking... the neighbors pulled up lawn chairs, beer, and watched. I half expected them to pull out score cards. :D

Oooh, that's good! I remember the first driving incident, er, I mean "lesson".

On the other hand, I had great fun when my eldest was practicing parallel parking... the neighbors pulled up lawn chairs, beer, and watched. I half expected them to pull out score cards. :D

She actually did pretty well, but I was nervous! I asked her if she knew how to get to the Hospital, you know- in case I had a heart attack. She said her plan was to stop the car and call 911. Funny, this one. ;)

My plan is just to not get out of the car while I'm out with my children. As my kids say, I have a story for everything. That one is because a mom took her kid out...kid pulls up...hits mom...mom dies...

I have 2 teens and a 10 year old...so soon I'll be out...Or, better yet, I'll have my husband take them! Scares me to death!

You're brave!

Carrie:-)

She actually did pretty well, but I was nervous! I asked her if she knew how to get to the Hospital, you know- in case I had a heart attack. She said her plan was to stop the car and call 911. Funny, this one. ;)

She's got a plan. You've got an invisible brake pedal. It's all good.

I wonder if some of those hours should be on icy conditions. .

That's a great idea, but please do it in an empty parking lot or other area empty of innocent passersby. I was hit in Nov. by a 17-yr old whose dad wanted him to learn to drive in the snow. Guess what? The kid didn't do very well. The damage to my car was over $6000, and my neck is still bothering me.

Ria

That's a great idea, but please do it in an empty parking lot or other area empty of innocent passersby. I was hit in Nov. by a 17-yr old whose dad wanted him to learn to drive in the snow. Guess what? The kid didn't do very well. The damage to my car was over $6000, and my neck is still bothering me.

Ria

Yes- empty parking lot with no curbs. Well after dd has some actual driving under her belt. Until that time, I will not allow her to drive in the snow.