Menu

Spin-off thread re: Homeschool in the Woods figures & timelines

Julie in GA

Did you know that you can use the Homeschool in the Woods figures from Disk 1 and open them in Photo Draw? When you do this, you can resize each figure to make it as large or small as you want. If the notebook-sized figures are still a bit too large, you can make them even smaller. Or, if you want a larger size for the image boxes in the HIstory Portfolio, you can make them a nice 4" tall.

You can copy & paste your re-sized figures onto one PhotoDraw doc, so that you don't have to waste paper.

I love this!! :D

You can also use Word.

Use the "insert Picture" button.

With disc 2 in your computer, choose "from file"

click "insert" It will come up really large. Click on it and you should see a box around it. Click on the corner of the box to re-size it.

If you want to be sure of the size of the figure, click on the image in the document--you should see the box. The click "format" at the top and choose "picture" click the "size" tab and set your width and height.

Once you have it to the size you want, put the mouse just to the right of it and click, do it all over again, and the next image will appear. Re-size it and it should settle into a spot right beside the first figure.

hth

PhotoDraw is a program that came with our Microsoft package. I found out I could use it, because when I right-mouse-clicked an image, it came up with a box of choices, one of which was "Open in Microsoft Photo Draw." So, I did it, and WOW! Try right-clicking an image to see what choices it will give you. If you don't have Photo Draw, you may have another program, or you can just use Word.