Menu

Organizing Clothes, your favorite hangers???

What are your favorite hangers? I am organizing all the closets, something I feel should be done every 10 years...lol We live in an older home and so there are no walk in closets, just single closets that barely allow the doors to shut without touching the clothes. My closet is so lacking in depth I actually turn the clothes on a slight angle to slide the doors shut.

I have been switching my clothes over to the crystal plastic type hangers that are pretty similar to what you see at clothes stores. I like them much better than the plastic tubular ones. I don't mind tubular for the kids clothes, but trying to get them out of my closet just to keep a cleaner look.

I am thinking to mix the crystal type and maybe some of those newer velvet coverered ones.

My problem is that closet is small & not deep at all so the type of hangers I get does matter.

For those who are organized, do you use all the same type of hangers?

Has anyone used those velvet flocked type hangers that are slimmer and supposed to take up less space? Do they work? Do they really take less space? Do clothes slip less on them? Say dresses?

For those who have organized clothes closets, any comments or suggestions for proper organizaton would be appreciated.

I love wood hangers, but they don't fit in my small closet well at all. It is the blasted small depth that is causing me problems and the wooden ones just seem to take up to much space. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I do use those exclusively in my dh closet which is larger, deeper than mine.

I use the clear hangers, like clothing stores. I'm still in the process of switching, but I also have plastic hangers. NO WIRE HANGERS for us. :D

I know some stores give you the hangers when you buy an item, if not I ask for them.

I don't like the thinner hangers because it just shoves the clothes closer together and they seem to wrinkle more.

I use the clear hangers, like clothing stores. I'm still in the process of switching, but I also have plastic hangers. NO WIRE HANGERS for us. :D

I know some stores give you the hangers when you buy an item, if not I ask for them. .

Good idea, I should ask!

I don't like the thinner hangers because it just shoves the clothes closer together and they seem to wrinkle more. .

I was wondering this, if the clothes would wrinkle more. I hate ironing as it is, so less wrinkles are a good thing. :001_smile:

velvet hangers here! They hold on to the clothes..that is what they are designed to do, therefore DH who likes to just grab and go is not fond of them. I love them! They are thin and you really can fit more in a closet. I use the when we travel. They will hold a tie on the same hanger as your sport coat and it won't fall off. I believe the Huggable Hanger brand has a new style hanger just for men's ties and women's scarves.

I have found them at BBBeyond and most recently I found 50 of them for 20.00 at Costco. That was a bargain let me tell you! I use them exclusively on my side of the closet and in our shared coat closet in the back hallway.

velvet hangers here! They hold on to the clothes..that is what they are designed to do, therefore DH who likes to just grab and go is not fond of them. I love them! They are thin and you really can fit more in a closet. I

I have found them at BBBeyond and most recently I found 50 of them for 20.00 at Costco. That was a bargain let me tell you! I use them exclusively on my side of the closet and in our shared coat closet in the back hallway.

Thank you for this information. I saw them at Costco and thought that was a bargain but glad to know it really is. I had not thought about the coat closet, oh how I hate the coats falling off in the coat closet. I very well may try them first there. Thanks for the suggestion. I have so much organizing to do, I really want to do it right. Thanks ladies!

Thank you for this information. I saw them at Costco and thought that was a bargain but glad to know it really is. I had not thought about the coat closet, oh how I hate the coats falling off in the coat closet. I very well may try them first there. Thanks for the suggestion. I have so much organizing to do, I really want to do it right. Thanks ladies!

The cheapest I have seen them on QVC or HSN whoever sells them..is about a dollar each with free shipping. So 50 for 20.00 was a no brainer for me! The ones at BBB have a notch in them that I was not fond of..your shirts get stuck on it as you pull them off. Since the velvet fabric is designed to hold on to your straps on the shirts the little notches was just not necessary in my opinion.

Happy organizing!