Menu

Looking for archeology study for 7th grade??

pjssully

We had the same experience with the same chapter. This is what I am doing....

I bought 3 books from our local Books a Million:

DK EyeWitness Archeology

Kingfisher Knowledge Archaeology

Usborne Intro to Archaeology

We also checked out several titles - including dvds - from our local library. I bought the above titles because they held her interest the most and they would allow us to continue the study past the time the library books were due.

We found 2 fascinating dvds at the library 1 on Mt St Helen's and another on archeology in Greece. Sorry I cant remember the titles. They were very straightforward with lots of details and actual dig work footage. Discovery Channel, History Channel and National Geo has had several specials on digs in the last few months we were able to watch. One on Egypt was especially interesting.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I basically provided dd with lots of resources to dig through (sorry for the pun) at will.

I also bought Dirty Old Coins and 2 "kits". The kits are from Amazon and are basic "kid kits". One contains rocks/minerals/gems (younger dd loves that subject) and the other is a pyramid type thing. They are neat in that dd is applying what she is learning in the books to the block of "stuff" she is excavating. It is neat to see her keep her notebook, make a grid, take notes, etc.

HTH