Menu

Can anyone share a recipe for jam-filled cookies?

Is anyone familiar with these cookies that have a dollop of jam in the middle? Not bars, with jam spread throughout. These are actual cookies, kind of nutty/spicy, and each has a bit of jam right in the center. Anyone know what I mean and have a recipe to share? Thank you!

Sorry I didn't post this earlier; I'm somewhat distracted due to flooding around here.

Swedish Meatballs

1 ½ lbs ground beef

2 cups bread crumbs

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 t sugar

1 t allspice

1 t nutmeg

1 t salt

1 t pepper

2 T butter or olive oil

½ c beef broth

½ c heavy cream

Combine meat, bread crumbs, egg, and spices. Shape into meatballs and brown in butter/oil. Transfer to casserole, pour on broth, cover with foil and bake in 325 oven for 25 minutes. Add cream and continue to bake, uncovered, for 15 more minutes.

No apologies needed. Are you flooded at the dairy?

Yes, because we live in the river-bottom, right along a major river, our property floods. We're pretty much in the midst of a lake right now, but our house has never flooded and the cows are safe, so in the long run, all is well.

It is nice to see a Swedish meatball recipe that doesn't include cream of mushroom soup. :)

:D I was thinking as I typed it up, "She may be disappointed in this because it doesn't have that 'heavy creamy-soup' consistency." If you want to, you can pour some of the sauce off and thicken it with corn starch or some such. Enjoy!