Menu

Could you take care of your kids alone all day long?

Good point. While my husband can and does take care of our kids in whatever form is warranted (day, night, weekend, etc), I must admit that I only ask him to do so under specific circumstances. I have some regular (non-mandatory) groups with whom I meet, so that's one. Overnights or more that have particular importance, those too. And, if I asked him to be there so I could toodle off to a friend's house for the afternoon, he'd do that, too. I just don't generally ask.

This would be me. He is capable and can do it. He watches them when I go to one or two homeschool meetings a month. He takes them out with him on the weekend, etc. He has watched the little guy twice while I have been out of town for short while. He CAN do it, but he doesn't want to do it all the time. I always tell him it is not babysitting when they are his own kids. :lol:

My dh is perfectly capable with our boys....as long as I don't mind coming home to a messy house and the fact that the boys have been playing video games most of the time I was gone. When they were younger I didn't like to leave them home with dh because I couldn't handle coming home to a wrecked house. I'm over that. LOL If I need time away, I take it.

I do understand though about the control thing. He even asks me sometimes when I get back how I haven't run away from home yet! LOL It makes him appreciate my patience and efforts more and is good for me as a mom to take a break.