Menu

New Here . . . again!

Hi, let me re-introduce myself . . .

I used to be on the WTM board for several years, but decided to take a posting break when the new board started last year. I've still continued to read posts, however, and can't tell you how many times I wished I had responded or asked questions of you. There is a wealth of knowledge as well as fun on this board. That's why I'm back!

I used to post as Sue in WA. I've been married for almost 20 years to the man who just before our engagement phase asked, "What do you think of homeschooling?" I replied, "What's homeschooling?" The summer after we were married, we attended a homeschooling class. We were the only ones who didn't have any children!

We were finally blessed with our son 6 years after we were married and our daughter arrived 18 months later. They are now ds13 and dd11, and we've been homeschooling from the beginning.

I hope you all have a wonderful 2009 with your families.

Sue

Edited by Evergreen State Sue
typo - had my dd as a ds!

That's what I do. I just click on the quill pen icon within the post of the person I'm responding to. The box appears at the bottom of the thread, but the post shows up within that person's sub-posts in the thread. Make sense? Probably not. But, you're doing it right.

In "Linear Mode", the full posts are listed in the order they're posted, but in "Threaded Mode", you see the posts in outline format, similar to the old boards (only from top-down, instead of bottom-up).

I like "Hybrid Mode". That will allow you to see all the posts in outline format at the top (threaded mode), and still read all the posts chronologically in the order in which they were posted (linear mode). You can change your mode by clicking on the "Display Modes" tab at the right of your screen.

Also, under "Forum Tools", you can click "Mark this Forum Read", and it will un-bold the messages. That way, when you come back, you can easily see which messages have new posts in them.

This is probably more than you needed to know, but I just wanted to say "Welcome Back."

To get to the social groups, from the board front page click on the "User Control Panel" button on the far left. Then, you will see a list of available groups. The groups are listed in order of when they were created, with the most recent at the top. The one I am talking about is "WA WTMers," created on 9-26-2008, listed near the bottom. Hope to see you there!