Menu

TTC or Reading Strands or TWEM or... ?

Which one or combination of the above would you choose to help you through the GBs? If you would choose something else altogether, what are your choices? (other than study guides like sparknotes etc I am looking at more of something to hold my hand in the process.)

Edited to add: I am looking at Omnibus so I am not sure if I would even need another resource?

Edited: TTC = Teaching the Classics

Thanks!

Edited by Quiver0f10

Which one or combination of the above would you choose to help you through the GBs? If you would choose something else altogether, what are your choices? (other than study guides like sparknotes etc I am looking at more of something to hold my hand in the process.)

Edited to add: I am looking at Omnibus so I am not sure if I would even need another resource?

Thanks!

Okay, I'll answer this though I think I'll come off as a total dweeb.

I preferred TTC, though I own them all. I preferred it because it was "easy" for me to get through. (About 4-5 hours). I'm still slogging through WEM. Sometimes I'm much more "visual" than a book can provide, and I think this was one of those times.

Now, that I have finished TTC, I'm going to use it to go through a couple of small / childish books (Beatrix Potter)-- just to get a feel for it, and then I'll move on to WEM.

I read reading strands AGES ago. . .I'll have to re-look, but I think I agree with the previous poster that it would be more of a reference tool.

I guess, what I'm saying is that they are all good "tools", they may be of different quality (as a generic phillips head screw-driver to, say, a Craftsman), but it all boils down to what you pick up to do the job.

May I just add a note for clarity? To me "TTC" means "The Teaching Company" but I believe Jean is referring to "Teaching the Classics". Everyone else may already be in the loop with abbreviations except Miss Fuzzy Brain over here. :tongue_smilie:

Jane

OOps I didn't think of that! I am going to edit my OP. Thanks :) Thaks for the help ladies. We had TtC once and never got around to it, but I think I am going to give it a try again along with WEM.