Menu

I chose my homeschool curriculum for the year. 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 7th grades

2nd:  Singapore Dimensions math with videos, Rod & Staff English, Phonics, Reading, Spelling, Science, & Social Studies.  Pentime Penmanship.

4th: Singapore Dimensions math with videos, Rod & Staff English, Spelling, Science, & Social Studies.  Pentime Penmanship. Level II of L'Art de Lire French.  Reading literature independently.

6th: Strayer-Upton math, Rod & Staff English, Spelling, Science, & Social Studies.  Pentime Penmanship.  Reading literature independently.  

7th:  Memoria Press Pre-Algebra with videos, Rod & Staff English, Spelling, Science, and Typing for Christian Service.  Memoria Press Classical Studies (The Trojan War, Horatius at the Bridge, and Famous Men of Greece) (will service as history/literature for now), Classical Academic Press Latin Alive I with videos and the Art of the Argument with videos.  

I was somewhat hesitant to homeschool this year and settled on a more independent curriculum for many subjects in addition to streaming videos for my oldest.  Giving it another year...  

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Clarita said:

Congratulations! Through your posts over the summer I know this was such a journey for you. 

Yes!  I forgot to add I chose health/manners for the 2nd grader and a more age-appropriate book on personal health for my 7th grader.  They probably all need to share the 2nd grader's book....lol

• Like 2

On 8/3/2024 at 5:02 PM, Momof4sweetkids said:

I'll be curious to see updates as you go along! I've been thinking of switching to T&S spelling from AAS to be less teacher intensive.

I just received most of our materials yesterday! I have used R&S spelling in the past.  It is definitely rigorous, but I think it can be rather independent.  

• Like 1