Menu

My SIL is accusing me

I'm not sure whether you'd be able to tell this, but to the best of your understanding, is this person engaging in libel with an intent to affect everyone's reputation (so people cast blame on others and consider her a victim) or is she, like her relative, perhaps prone to delusional thoughts, especially ones that have high emotional value?

If the former, I think you would be reasonable to send a cease and desist letter yourself, especially if she has made claims in public spaces. If the latter, I think it would only fuel her wild thoughts.

• Like 2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, kbutton said:

Clarifying question: is this SIL the DH’s sister or the STB ex of DH’s brother? A reference to the DH’s brother has me confused on how many siblings are involved, and I have always thought the SIL was the DH’s actual sister.

It doesn’t change the difficulty of the situation, but it would be less confusing to know. 

DH has two sisters and a brother. This is his younger sister.  His older sister and his brother are both wonderful, as are their spouses.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2