Menu

The post with a breakdown of which AOPS Intermediate Algebra chapters fall under precalculus?

I have looked and looked and looked. Does anyone know where to find the old post where someone broke down which of the AOPS Intermediate Algebra chapters fall under precalculus? I can guess which they are, but I remember that thread had so much good info!! I checked if it’s a sticky and didn’t see it. Thanks!!

Posted (edited)

From @Kathy in Richmond

I saved the info but not the link. Things direct quote from her 🙂

My 'bare bones' precalculus suggestion would be as follows: (This is for a kid who wants to cover what's usually done in precalculus in a text such as Foerster, but who wants an AoPS flavor & doesn't have two years to go through these volumes. Even so, this course outline would still be well beyond Foerster in depth and difficulty.) Do the exercises in each section and the Chapter Reviews. Starred problems and the end of chapter Challenging Problems could be sampled, but don't feel you have to do them all (it's not possible ).”

Intermediate algebra textbook:

Ch 1 - 4: review

Ch 5 - 6: all

Ch 7.1 - 7.5

Ch 9.1 - 9.2

Ch 10.1 - 10.5

Ch 11.3 -11.4

Ch 13.1 -13.3, 13.5-6

Ch 14.1

Ch 15.1 - 15.3

Ch 16.1 - 16.3

Precalculus textbook: