Menu

Anyone here make the Taylor Swift style bracelets with kids?

Dmmetler

I have my end of semester piano party next weekend. (Potluck at a park, all the families come, everyone brings food, I provide a couple of crafts and activities for kids to do, everyone socializes, little ones play on the playground, we give out awards for kids who did keyboard festival, celebrate our graduating seniors, the end). 

I bought a couple of kits of the alphabet beads and those flat clay circle beads, which came with elastic clear cord, is there anything else I need besides a couple of pairs of scissors, or can I just turn my kids loose on them? My students are 4 through adult, and I've got a decent number of tween/teen (and their  moms) who are Swifties, so I figured it would be something they'd enjoy.  I also have picture frames to decorate (markers and paint pens)  and piano music clips (IE, wood shapes to glue on clothespins, to use to hold books open) to make, plus some "make an animal" stickers I picked up at 75% off after Easter.

What a fabulous idea! Maybe plastic beads in different colors, a couple pairs of tweezers, and a roll of scotch tape to tape the other end either closed or to the table so the beads don’t slide off. If it was the white elastic cord I’d also suggest a couple lighters to melt the ends so it wouldn’t unravel, but I don’t think that’s necessary for the clear kind. 

• Like 1