Menu

NEW Laundry Detergent Recall Includes Several Popular Brands (Here’s How To Get Compensation!)

https://hip2save.com/news/laundry-detergent-recall/

Procter & Gamble just announced a major recall that impacts some of their most popular laundry detergent brands like Tide, Gain, Ace, and Ariel.

This voluntary recall was issued because the product packets had a defective seal and may not close properly. This can result in the product leaking out onto your floor or countertops, posing a risk to children, pets, and other vulnerable family members. Contact with this product can result in irritation to the skin and eyes, and ingesting a large amount may even result in death for those with underlying health issues.

Though no cases have been reported that are directly related to the defective packaging, 3 reports were made of children ingesting liquid detergent stored in packets. For your safety, It is best to heed this warning.

If you bought any of the recalled products, Procter & Gamble wants to make it right. They are offering customers a prepaid debit card for the amount of the product, a replacement bag with proper seal, and a cabinet lock to keep your laundry supplies extra secure.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! 

Just a heads-up for anyone who bought their products at a wholesale club, Tide needs the codes off of the cardboard box that held the bags of laundry pods, because the individual bags don't have lot numbers or bar codes on them.

I don't know about you, but I recycle the cardboard boxes immediately and put the bags of Tide Pods on a shelf in my laundry room, so I don't have any of the information they need.

It's not a big deal for me, but I know that some people here have large families and use a lot of laundry detergent, so I decided to call P&G to see if they can at least tell me what dates the affected products were manufactured, and also to see if they are doing anything for people who didn't save the boxes. 

I'm definitely taking one for the team here, because I have already been on hold for more than 10 minutes. I'm doing other things while I'm waiting, or else I would have hung up long before now! (Their hold music is awful!)

Edited to add: I waited on hold for 35 minutes before I gave up and hung up. Sorry! 😞 

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1