Menu

Index Card "Timeline"?

Thinking out loud here. It's for adult self-education. Sort of .

I'm always listening, reading, or learning stuff. Some is deliberate (book list), some of it is less so (Great Courses lectures). I want to capture some of this, because I think it is cool when things overlap. I thought about a timeline book like what Dd did for homeschool, but that seemed fussy. So then I thought about index cards. I already use them for task management and some of my more deliberate studying (language learning).

Has anyone done a timeline in a box? I have 4x6 cards, dividers, and a good box. I could tab divide by centuries. Then I'm less sure. My other "knowledge" cards have a different system. Should I do cards by time (decades or years) or by domain (arts, literature) or a combination of the two?

• Like 1

I’m leaning that way. I mean, it’s already numerical, lol. I have copies of Humanistic Traditions, which have timeline pages in it. It think as I see a section grow I can dip into that to sort round things out. I tend to get stuck in Medieval world history. I might try to start there and build out. 

Edited by MamaSprout