Menu

Strike up the band!!...

Dmmetler

Our Christmas parade is today, so I'll be walking with about 30 caroling music students, parents and siblings, plus two who will be taking the golf cart/sign (M, who has dysautonomia and a younger student with chronic fatigue due to Lyme. Both would be non-functional for days if they tried to walk the route).  I bought red and green masks because I've discovered that a KN95 does a good job of keeping your face warm and is a lot easier to sing in than a scarf, and I suspect that this will fit the definition of "crowded outdoor space". 

Sid and the gang are also working on a parade, but I haven't finished it yet. Maybe tomorrow, after I recover from this one! 

IMG_1268.jpeg

IMG_1267.jpeg

IMG_1266.jpeg

IMG_1265.jpeg

• Like 17

It was a lot of fun. One of my sweethearts walked with his ESA dachshund, who I think the spectators loved more than almost anything else. It was fun to watch the kids pair off and group up, since usually they don't see each other except at recitals-one adorable pair was two little 6 yr olds, one who doesn't speak much English, one of whom has a speech impediment and doesn't talk much. Apparently giggles are a universal language.

The city missed taking our picture, though-I think they might have assumed we were with the really big school float right ahead of us. 

• Like 4