Menu

Science Curriculum

Hello! I am looking at The Classical Science Series for our science. We got started a little later in homeschooling so we are modifying our history science timeline. We are heading into our first round of medieval - early renaissance, I don't know whether to order the 1st - 3rd grade or the 5th - 7th. She's 10 and in the 4th grade. She's pretty mature. We did some science last year but focused more on the core subjects. I don't want the material to be "too young" for her but also don't want her to lose interest from it being too complicated. Any help?

I'd use the logic stage materials.  Note that I have not used the resource; I just looked at the information online. 

ETA:  I'd start with logic biology regardless of which era in history you're learning about.  The idea that the various science disciplines are somehow logically connected with history is ridiculous.  If you'd rather do physics, I'd use the grammar stage version of that and then move to logic stage biology the next year.

Edited by EKS
  • Like 3