Menu

Has anyone else enjoyed the Way Things Work Videos?

lulubelle

My kids are 2, 4, and 6. They love the Way Things Work Videos!!! There are about 20! We got them out of the library. They actually come with a study guide! Schlessinger media is pretty cool operation - they have a video for every subject you can think of! The Way Things Work is specifically a physical science based cartoon. I highly recommend them. I think they are based for 3rd or 4th graders, but my kids so enjoy them and what a great intro to things!

Make sure you check out the cartoon ones about Mammoth Island. They are less than 20 min. long. The topics are: ballooning, belts and gears, cooling, electricity, engines, flight, floating, friction, heat, inclined planes, levers, light, magnets, musical instruments, photography, pressure, pulleys, pumps, screws, sensors, sinking, sound, and springs.

If you look up Schlessinger media on google and look for a list of their videos then go to The Way Things Work - there is the whole list of them. Our library network has everyone!

Make sure you check out the cartoon ones about Mammoth Island. They are less than 20 min. long. The topics are: ballooning, belts and gears, cooling, electricity, engines, flight, floating, friction, heat, inclined planes, levers, light, magnets, musical instruments, photography, pressure, pulleys, pumps, screws, sensors, sinking, sound, and springs.

If you look up Schlessinger media on google and look for a list of their videos then go to The Way Things Work - there is the whole list of them. Our library network has everyone!

I thought this was the series she was referring to. I was commenting on this one. :)

• 3 months later...

:w00t: Our ds 6 loves them and so do I. We usually watch a science, hist., or music DVD while we eat lunch. We also love Bill Nye, Animal Planet, DK eyewitness, Popular Mechanics for Kids, Magic School Bus, National Geography and Signing time!

Blessings

Lisa wife to Guy for 23 yrs., ds18 University, ds 6 R&S phonics/reading 1, math 1, music1, Abeka Hist. 1,Science 2 ,Art 2 ,Health 1, lapbooking for fun!:auto: