Menu

So, besides reading the articles on the Latin Centered Curriculum ...

Luanne

If you are not a member of LatinClassicalEd , that would give you some to read. You could check out Climbing Parnassus from the library if you haven't already read it. You could read the curriculum information from the Highlands Latin School. How about reading the curriculum overview at the Logos School?

Also read up on CM and re-read TWTM.

That should keep you busy a couple of days. I am anxiously waiting for it too.

I second Karen's recommendations of the LatinClassicalEd list and Climbing Parnassus. If you can find a copy of Norms and Nobility by David Hicks, that would be another book to try. It provides a Christian perspective that is lacking in Climbing Parnassus. You can also try to get the first edition of LCC through interlibrary loan. The last time I checked there were copies all over the country - not huge numbers, but enough that your library should be able to get it for you.

And just for clarification, if you're interested in LCC, the Logos School site would be most useful as a contrast. It's a neoclassical program based on the Sayers Trivium, which LCC most emphatically is not. Highlands Latin School, on the other hand, is very much in line with LCC and was in fact a big inspiration for the first edition.

HTH!