Menu

Georgia Homeschoolers - Zell Miller scholarship question

Doing some due diligence today. My son is eligible for Zell based on his test scores and his GPA (currently he's a junior). I'm looking at the Academic Rigor Course List linked on the GA Futures website. Some of these classes are just regular HS requirements - ex Chemistry, Spanish, Physics, etc. GA Futures says he has to have at least 4 rigor classes. He's currently taking DE classes at KSU. I'd assume anything DE would also count as rigor, correct? He's already completed most of what I'd call core classes (Bio, Phys.Science, Chemistry, currently in Physics, taking 3rd year of Spanish, has met and exceeded math requirements, etc) so according to this list he certainly meets the requirements. 

I think that as usual, I'm overthinking this. This seems more simple than I thought. Summary: minimum GPA of 3.7 and 1200 or better on SAT along with the minimum of 4 rigor classes? That's it for Zell?

Yes- DE, AP counts for rigor. Zell is not really helping much this year as hope is covering 100% of tuition and zell is just for the difference between last year and this year. I don’t know what they will

do going forward but your child should qualify. He will need to upload the final homeschool transcript after graduating to get the zell/ hope. 

• Thanks 1