Menu

Anyone from Charlottesville? We just visited.

Indigo Blue

PLEASE DON’T QUOTE!

It’s nice up there. We had our family reunion outside at a park, where the sun and heat gave me a massive headache within 30 minutes. 

That night, we visited the downtown area where we got our Turkish street food. We walked down the brick paved road for pedestrians only where all the nice shops are. I love outdoor pedestrian-only areas in towns like that. 

There is a huge law firm at one end where one of dh relatives works. It was late at night, but she took us all in to use the restroom and hide from a brief rain storm. Then we got to see her office. 

Her husband is a painter and Dh was joking that he should come to NC to remove our popcorn ceilings.  I was thinking about the popcorn ceiling thread we had here. He said it’s a very messy job. I said we are just joking and we intend to leave it as is! 

Anyway, it’s so pretty up there! I hope next time we pick a cooler time of year. 

Everyone had breakfast at Sam’s Kitchen. I ate beforehand in the hotel, but the food looked really good. 

Short but nice trip. It was fun to spend a little time with Dh side of the family. 

• Like 2

I'm sorry about the heat. It's so bad right now and heat exhaustion can happen quickly. I'm happy you had a good trip though. Was the turkish food good? What did you get?

It was me that asked about popcorn removal so I'm glad to hear that a professional thinks it's a bad idea too. Every day I look at it and wish it was gone but not bad enough to go through all the pain to do so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I'm sorry about the heat. It's so bad right now and heat exhaustion can happen quickly. I'm happy you had a good trip though. Was the turkish food good? What did you get?

It was me that asked about popcorn removal so I'm glad to hear that a professional thinks it's a bad idea too. Every day I look at it and wish it was gone but not bad enough to go through all the pain to do so.

Yes, her husband is such a nice guy. I trust his opinion on the popcorn ceiling!

I got falafel, greens, bean salad, hummus, and purple cabbage all drizzled with tahini sauce. It was very good! 

• Thanks 1