Menu

Gather ‘round and Campfire Curriculums

Nm.

If you’ve done GR units I’d love to hear your likes / dislikes.  Not interested in holiday ones.  It’s been awhile since the last GR thread (couple years).  Thanks 😊 

Anyone try campfire units?

Edited by Lovinglife123

• Nm. changed the title to Gather ‘round and Campfire Curriculums

We did the Campfire mini unit on bee keeping last spring. We enjoyed it. I thought it was a little expensive for a week long unit and I ended up stretching it out for a couple weeks. We did a Winnie the Pooh unit in January of the year and I was surprised at how much my kids remembered about bees from the Campfire unit. We even went back & watched a few videos we had done with the bee unit after we read about Pooh’s failed honey heist. 

• Like 2

I have a few of the Campfire Curriculum units. We did the Home Defense and it was very informative. We learned lots of good tips, and there were activities that really got you thinking about how secure your home is. It’s open and go, and you can pick it up where you left off when you have time. I also have the Natural Medicine unit, but we haven’t used it yet. 

I bought a Gather Round unit study on an impulse during a sale and regretted it. I think it is a good supplement if you are interested in a theme, but it did not seem to be a good replacement for all subjects besides math to me. JMO They take up to five weeks to complete, so if you only used GR, then you would need several units.

• Like 2

The Home Defense unit study would make a great weekend family activity guide. It’s fun, not scary. The games and activities really help the family work together in a fun way. The Natural Medicine guide has a different vibe; learn about an herb, recipes, foraging, etc.

The intro to each guide will give you a list of items you may need for activities and which lesson they’re needed, so you can be ready for success.