Menu

s/o Steps to Keeping a Clean House

NorthernBeth

Thank you to all the people who helped provide concrete examples and solutions as that was very helpful.   Able-bodied people with executive functioning challenges sometimes needs help establishing an outside structure which is what I am trying to help provide.  In a day or two I will be back in at my house, and the guys will carry on without me here, so I am not "enabling" anything.  They will be the ones that need to keep the house clean.  I am just providing some tools and some checklists that can help.  They are always free to ignore, edit or add as needed.   There are no professional organizers in our tiny little town, and I have no idea why it would be ok for them to provide ideas but not me.   My husband is stuck on the other side of the province due to road closures and bad conditions or we would be working together on this a little more.  The moment he gets back safely, I have to fly back to my job.  I am trying to keep my time here productive and make our new home a beautiful place that we will all enjoy living in.  I feel like the conversation has kind of turned from the useful-suggestion-mode into let's-critique-her-as-a-person-mode, and I don't think that is very useful or kind.  Thanks to everyone with the great links, ideas and insights as to how you keep your house clean as that was extremely helpful to me.  

• Like 3