Menu

Online Science/Robotics/Engineering Club/Course

I am trying to find some type of club or class that offers a small group to interact with others learning engineering/robotics/astronomy/etc.  My science kid has enjoyed Aurora's classes at Supercharged Science but he is beyond what she is teaching now although he has loved her.  We do not use it as a spine but it is one of his extracurricular activities.  😜  He is only 12.  I'd love to find a engineer or physists or anyone in that area who is trying to give back based on their expertise.  Always open to something local too but haven't found anything here.  TIA!

Hi!  I've been away from the forums and have no context for your situation, so this may not fit at all ...

-- have you posted on the "accelerated" board?  They might have BTDT for this.

-- this is physical (not online), it is too late this year to do it, and it may not be at all feasible for your geographic location.  That said: I just stumbled across the American Rocketry Challenge and it looks pretty great if it DOES fit a person's situation. 

-- I imagine you've considered Lego-League type stuff?  that was always a fail here, but that's just us

-- a homeschooling friend has just started one of his children in an Outschool program, I've linked the science page.  Pro: clearly very accessible, lost of topics.  Cons: from my perspective, there is probably a lot of variety in teacher quality and I don't know how accountable the parents are.  Stuff isn't as much fun if most of the class doesn't do their homework/projects. 

• Like 1