Menu

Notebook suggestions

Planning for 1st grade. Partially trying to figure out how many binders I need. Kindergartener will get her own binders as well so she doesn't feel left out, although I would not be surprised if she fills her up way more than her brother. 

So I'm (as best as my mostly writing adverse family can) thinking of following WTM's language arts and history/geography notebook/binder idea. I don't plan on doing this for science. We do plenty of science (probably way too much) and science is our fun subject I don't want to ruin it for my son by making him write. 

Any I wish someone had told me advice? Or read this, it was super helpful to me stuff? What does this actually look like in real life? 

My DS18 is writing phobic. While he went to the brick and mortar k-8 public school for K and 1st, what both my kids love and still love are a stack of notebooks and a ream of printer paper.  They would draw mostly for humanities and language arts. 
For academics, we buy the Mead notebooks in bulk during Target’s back to school sale. For DS18’s “journals”, we would get him the Moleskine, and whichever he pick once a year. My DS17 would get the expensive mechanical pencils he wanted.

Both kids passed AP english literature in 11th grade so being writing phobic until high school didn’t hurt them too much. 

For binders my kids used these for elementary. They put their iPads in the outer zipped pocket (photo 4) and bring the binders to the library. At the end of the year, we sort what we want to keep into the Avery binders. 

https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-3-Inch-Zipper-Binder-D-146-BLU/dp/B01EUPCLDY?th=1

• Thanks 1