Menu

Anyone have experience with Schole Chemistry?

I am interested in this for my ds, but curious what the structure of the class is-- how much work is there outside of class...how much executive functioning is required lol. Normally I would steer away from a 3 day a week class, but this kids could potentially be benefitted by it. However, its "honors" and he isn't necessarily an honors chemistry kid...so how challenging it it?

An alternative I am considering is Masterbooks Chemistry with videos with group labs and a tutor. 

I don’t have experience with Schole or master books, but wanted to suggest Clover Valley Chemistry. She offers a regular track, honors track, and advanced honors track. The class is asynchronous, with recorded videos and weekly office hours. It’s very well organized with lots of scaffolding (weekly schedules assignments broken down in daily chunks). There is a lab that you purchase to do at home - a micro chem kit.

If you are looking for a live class, it won’t work for you. But if Asynch could work, it’s an excellent chem class

• Like 2

I would email the teacher.  The teachers there are pretty responsive.

My son is in Intro to Physics.  They meet 3 times a week.  And it was a challenge in the beginning of the school year.  There is homework due each day they meet.  The homework over the weekend is generally longer than the homework due during the week.  The tests are usually given over the weekend.  Hth

1 hour ago, desertflower said:

I would email the teacher.  The teachers there are pretty responsive.

My son is in Intro to Physics.  They meet 3 times a week.  And it was a challenge in the beginning of the school year.  There is homework due each day they meet.  The homework over the weekend is generally longer than the homework due during the week.  The tests are usually given over the weekend.  Hth

Homework over the weekend would annoy me...hmmm