Menu

Quick question for the day - CC transcripts

mlktwins

My boys just finished their first CC class.  Should I request an official transcript for each to have for me?

4 of their colleges require mid-year reports so the grades will be going on there and I may scan a copy of the CC transcript so they have an unofficial copy. Is that ok to do? I figured I would send an official copy to whichever school they decide on.

Should I make sure their selective school get this grade sooner than later since their EA decisions don't come out until mid-Feb? Should I contact them to see if they want that grade now (ahead of the mid-year report)?

2 hours ago, regentrude said:

I don't see any reason why you should ask for an official transcript. The student can always download an unofficial transcript himself. If a college wants an official one, they need to be sent directly from the CC and not via you.

So the unofficial transcript will be on the website? I only have the grades for both from Canvas at the moment.

On 1/2/2023 at 6:29 PM, mlktwins said:

So the unofficial transcript will be on the website? I only have the grades for both from Canvas at the moment.

Look at their overall CC account vs the Canvas page for the course. There ought be a section with a record of their CC academics.

I think you're in Virginia? This is info for NOVA, but would be similar for other VA CCs .

https://www.nvcc.edu/novaconnect/students/tuts/academics/unofficial.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sebastian (a lady) said:

Look at their overall CC account vs the Canvas page for the course. There ought be a section with a record of their CC academics.

I think you're in Virginia? This is info for NOVA, but would be similar for other VA CCs .

https://www.nvcc.edu/novaconnect/students/tuts/academics/unofficial.html

Thank you! Just got them :-)!

• Like 1