Menu

My Ds6 make board games and I have to share his latest creation

Mini-rant: ds6 is a pack rat. He makes a board game almost every day, I'm not kidding. Usually it's on paper or a file folder, but he also likes to snag empty cereal boxes and such. His room is usually a mess of boxes, duct tape, and empty paper towel rolls.

He spent last night working on his latest game, as of yet unnamed; it includes a board with spaces to move around the board and cards that need to be drawn at specific times. The cards have information that needs to be followed on one side and decorative initials of the card's title on the other. There's the Time's Up card with a TU on the back, Super Attack with an SA on the back, and the Work to Finish cards with the initials WTF on the back. Imagine my surprise when I sat down to play the game, not knowing what anything meant, and seeing that last set of cards. :lol: The Diet Pepsi literally went flying.

Mini-rant: ds6 is a pack rat. He makes a board game almost every day, I'm not kidding. Usually it's on paper or a file folder, but he also likes to snag empty cereal boxes and such. His room is usually a mess of boxes, duct tape, and empty paper towel rolls.

He spent last night working on his latest game, as of yet unnamed; it includes a board with spaces to move around the board and cards that need to be drawn at specific times. The cards have information that needs to be followed on one side and decorative initials of the card's title on the other. There's the Time's Up card with a TU on the back, Super Attack with an SA on the back, and the Work to Finish cards with the initials WTF on the back. Imagine my surprise when I sat down to play the game, not knowing what anything meant, and seeing that last set of cards. :lol: The Diet Pepsi literally went flying.

LOL! I love this Karen. Sounds like my kids. (minus the acronym!) The "computers" they make out of cardboard litter their rooms frequently. That's how dh started out in gaming, making card and board games for himself and his sisters. So there might be a future in it for your guy! ;)