Menu

College Acceptance Videos Are My New Hallmark Commercials

easypeasy

It was EA release day for many schools and I spent a solid hour today scrolling through Instagram watching kids' videos where they recorded themselves, often with their families, opening their decision letters. I teared up at every. single. one. of. them. 😭

Just gets me every time & brings back so many memories. When DD1 was offered her athletic scholarships, when DD2 found out she won a HUGE academic scholarship, when DS1 decided to apply to only ONE very selective school to an even more-selective program and was accepted, and when DS2 found out on Ivy Day that he had been accepted to THREE of them after a couple odd/hard-to-comprehend rejections from much less-selective schools.

We got videos of exactly zero of them opening decision letters bc the kids were too stressed to be recorded (wasn't even with DS1 when he found out because he opened it without me, lol).

However, I do have a recording of DD1 calling her new coach to accept his offer with him booming a loud, "YESSS," a fantastic series of photos of DD2 opening up her scholarship decision letter that make me cry to look at again, and one photo and short video of DS2/Bonus Kid calling my husband to tell him the good news on Ivy Day with a goofy grin on his face and my husband in the background whooping in celebration in the middle of the job he was in the midst of doing. 🥰

I am getting so sentimental in my retirement. 😁🥰

Edited by easypeasy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1