Menu

ACNES Syndrome anyone?

kokotg

I've had weird, persistent but fairly mild pain/discomfort in my upper right abdomen (it alternates between burning pain just to the right of and above my belly button and just vague discomfort on the right side) for over a month now. Normal labs and a negative H pylori test at my PCP, so now I have a GI appointment in a week. PCP thought maybe either ulcer or gallbladder, but...neagive h pylori and she said it's a little low for my gallbladder. But of course I cannot stop googling in the meantime. Came across "anterior cutaneous nerve entrapment syndrome" last night, and it sounds...like me! Particularly being able to pinpoint one spot with a single finger. That's what I DID when I saw my NP a few weeks ago, without being asked. Everything I read about it says it's very common but underdiagnosed, and that people tend to go through a lot of unnecessary tests before they figure it out. So that sounds fun. Anyway, anyone have experience with it? 

6 hours ago, kokotg said:

I've had weird, persistent but fairly mild pain/discomfort in my upper right abdomen (it alternates between burning pain just to the right of and above my belly button and just vague discomfort on the right side) for over a month now. Normal labs and a negative H pylori test at my PCP, so now I have a GI appointment in a week. PCP thought maybe either ulcer or gallbladder, but...neagive h pylori and she said it's a little low for my gallbladder. But of course I cannot stop googling in the meantime. Came across "anterior cutaneous nerve entrapment syndrome" last night, and it sounds...like me! Particularly being able to pinpoint one spot with a single finger. That's what I DID when I saw my NP a few weeks ago, without being asked. Everything I read about it says it's very common but underdiagnosed, and that people tend to go through a lot of unnecessary tests before they figure it out. So that sounds fun. Anyway, anyone have experience with it? 

Bumping this for you!

looked at your blog…it’s awesome.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pinball said:

Bumping this for you!

looked at your blog…it’s awesome.

Thank you!

I see that I'm getting a good many views but no replies, which I gather means that no one knows anything about ACNES syndrome, but that, like me, when they see a thread about some obscure health concern they need to click on it so they can read and find out if they think they have it, too 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1