Menu

Amazon Prime’s ever-increasing price

Ginevra

We dumped ours earlier this year when it was set to renew because of price. I miss it sometimes - holding carts until we meet the minimum for free shipping is a bummer when you really need X. 

I'm really kind of starting to hate the pay for higher levels of service economy that we seem to be moving toward. Walmart +, Amazon Prime, etc.

We use Amazon for subscribe and save a lot, so we do have the VISA card where we get 5% back. 

• Like 1

They could double my price and I’d keep it. 

They bring things to my DOOR in two days. Generally things that are cheaper than I could pick up locally and a wider selection too. They make it so I don’t have to haul myself into a vehicle, out of a vehicle, into a store, around the store, back to my vehicle, and trek my bottom back home. And I didn’t spend an extra $50 at Target by going in. And that assumes the store has what I wanted and I didn’t have to go to five more stops. Today I decided I’d make a pick up order at Target. Drive up is so easy. I mean it would be the only reason I was running to town, but it’s only twenty minutes away. 

There was only one type of Kong in stock. And there was only one of the right size. You and I both know that code for “Out of Stock.” 👀 And they didn’t have the stuffing - that was at the Target on the other side of town. And the books for DD? Had to be shipped. Well, can’t say I didn’t try. 

Here, Amazon, take my money, and here’s a kiss on the cheek too. Then there’s how much they save me on weird supplements vs. The natural grocery store.  I won’t even mention that I saved four months of Amazon fees on the price I paid for games last week alone. I mean, I *could * mention it, but it’s overkill so I won’t.  

Edited by BlsdMama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Catwoman said:

I forgot about Amazon Music -- I use that every day, too, and my dh watches quite a bit of Prime video.

Prime is a real bargain for us.

Yep. Prime Video is icing on the cake and Amazon Music family is awesome paired with Audible. It allows us to play multiple books at the same time. At bedtime here, all is silent except the sound of audio books in 3-4 rooms. 

• Like 4