Menu

Rebounder (mini trampoline) help

Tree Frog

I have been asked to provide an Amazon link to a rebounder I'd like for my classroom. I have a first grader and a fourth grader, but really, any special needs student in our pre k-5 school will be able to use it. 

I think the biggest difference is the best. What are pros and cons? What features have you seen that you really like or don't like?

There isn't a specific time I need to make my request, but sooner is better than later. Thanks for your help! 

Ok - My tale of rebounder woe, that I hope is educational for you.

I purchased one used for dudeling when he was six. standard with springs, the spring cover did wear out (they can be replaced).  1ds would jump on it too. It lived in my dining room for several years.  (excpet at Christmas when I needed the space.).  Then he decided he didn't want it anymore and told me to get rid of it.. . . . . 

Six months later . . . .🙄 I found one with good ratings.  The springs started breaking within a few months, and it was useless within six months.  (I didn't know it's possible to purchase replacement springs on amazon.)

Purchased another one from a different manufacturer, supposedly better . . . It was shot within a year.  I ordered new springs - and sold it.  I refused to deal with springs when I had zero confidence they would last.

Did LOTS of research on trampolines.  The best rated one 🤑😮🤑.  Not in my budget.  I realized, I was going to need to spend more than I planned. . . .   I *compromised*! and bought a jumpsport. (they make several different models) Not cheap, but still significantly less than the other one.  The frame is solid and will not tip.  Mine uses bungee cords that can be adjusted for tension.  (tension affects your bounce) They can be replaced.  the mat can be replaced (so can standard mini tramp mats, and spring covers).  He uses it every day, and it's still perfect.  And quiet 😊   except he likes to clap his hands at the top of each bounce . . . 🙄  (not so quiet . . . )

things to consider:

how many springs, and how are they attached?

weight rating?

diameter?

height of the mat?

frame - is it wide enough (leg position to be safe from tipping if a child jumps near the edge?

are the legs straight or do they bend?  (the "bend" ones are more stable.)

handle bar?  (good for little kids - or big kids who want to jump REALLY high.)

eta: the only con about the Jumpsport, is the diameter of the mat is slightly less than with the standard spring trampolines.  It has to do with it uses bungee cords and needs more distance than springs.  I just bought a larger diameter to compensate.

Edited by gardenmom5