Menu

National Merit School Profile questions?

Lucy the Valiant

I tried searching this but couldn't find precisely what I'm looking for.  (And we may be over-thinking.)

1. Are dual enrollment classes classified as "accelerated" (vs honors)? Or just list as regular courses?

2. If your student did a 5-year high school program, where are the Year 1 courses listed? (Maybe make a note in the "comments" section at the end?)

3. Highest level / # of courses allowed . . . uh, we just did what fit the kid for that year. List those? 

4. Any other general tips? (student chasing merit $)

Edited by Lucy the Valiant

• Lucy the Valiant changed the title to National Merit School Profile questions?

I cannot remember exactly what I put down,  but don't stress it.  I did not list anything from 8th grade.  Whatever she did was the "highest level/course available."  I think there was a spot to write a little bit, and I focused on her choice to do DE, and our focus on academics in younger years.  

If your child is a NMSF, they will pretty much be a NMS if you choose to go to a school that offers a package for NMF.  My DD is a University of Alabama bc the package was unbeatable.   There are also great offers from schools in Florida and Oklahoma State.  Those were the best I could find the year my DD qualified.  There should be a list of schools that offer packages.  I printed the list out and checked every one.  Some were very low, others were pretty good!  Best of luck, message me if you have any specific questions!