Menu

Algebra: A Fresh Approach

Hello- Does anybody know what happened to the author, Christy Walters? Apparently she used to be reachable and was even a member of this group.  Her website and email no longer work.  Her curriculum  is still sold at Rainbow Resource Center and the site doesn’t mention that it is about to go out of print.   Did she just change her website and it isn’t coming up in search for me?

For those that have used FA for Algebra 1 or 2, what were your thoughts? Looking for something with enough explanation in the text that videos won’t be necessary.  At least not a daily video lesson.

Thank you!

Edited by HSmamaof2
Edited to add author name

• 8 months later...

Not the OP. We bought this curriculum, but then my son ended up with a tutor instead, so I can't say what if would've been effective for him. For my son, it was too much reading (he has a language disorder and is incredibly quirky with math), but for a child that prefers to interact with text vs. a person or video, it does have a lot of explanation and is in a "tutor" sort of voice.

If they no longer offer a downloadable first chapter sample, I can take a picture of a few pages if you need me to. I have Algebra I and II but not Geometry. (You'll need to PM or tag/quote me.)

Edited by kbutton

1 hour ago, kbutton said:

Not the OP. We bought this curriculum, but then my son ended up with a tutor instead, so I can't say what if would've been effective for him. For my son, it was too much reading (he has a language disorder and is incredibly quirky with math), but for a child that prefers to interact with text vs. a person or video, it does have a lot of explanation and is in a "tutor" sort of voice.

If they no longer offer a downloadable first chapter sample, I can take a picture of a few pages if you need me to. I have Algebra I and II but not Geometry. (You'll need to PM or tag/quote me.)

Thanks.  We probably don't need it because he looked over the online sample and liked it.  This is the site I found it on.

http://www.algebraforhomeschool.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3

• Like 1