Menu

Patting myself on the back

Eos

Because I'm going to show up to a function for our retiring children's librarian who once told a group of homeschoolers that she "didn't believe in homeschooling."  I'm on the Board and instead of being a meany I am being kind and congratulatory.  Winning.

• Like 15

Very good. It feels good to take the high road, but it’s hard. 

I just got a very, very rare phone call from my dad who just wanted me to do something for him. Throughout the call I kept my answers brief, but he mocked my voice, imitated me, then smirked. I managed to keep my cool. 

It would be hard to be nice to someone who talked to a group of homeschoolers like that, so you deserve credit. When we homeschooled, I met some of the sweetest young children and adults I’ve ever been around. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

When we homeschooled, I met some of the sweetest young children and adults I’ve ever been around. 

I know, right?  We were pretty harmless 🙂    The only worry I have is that she might say something like "I wasn't expecting you"  in which case I will just laugh and nod and think secret thoughts like all the bad fairies ever.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Throughout the call I kept my answers brief, but he mocked my voice, imitated me, then smirked. I managed to keep my cool. 

Whew, well done.  This is beyond what I could do.

• Thanks 1