Menu

Have your kids double majored or minored?

crazyforlatin

I too think this guy is whack.  But to speak to the original question.  My dc is majoring in environmental engineering and minoring in ecology as they want to move to environmental science or ecology for grad school.  One would think there would be some overlap, but there is not.  They came in with 26 credits of DE, only 20 of which apply to the major/minor requirements and they will graduate in 4 years assuming there are no hiccups.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

My son has :

certificate in programming

associates of science in web development 

Bachelor's of science in information science: information architecture

minor in entrepreneurship.

He came in with the AS degree and certificate. So it took 2 years to get. He had to take summer classes.

He did have an internship in highschool to get his AS degree. He also volunteered at a camp as kitchen staff for a summer in highschool.

• Thanks 1

One did a music performance major with a minor in music history, one did a politics major, religion minor.  Oldest did not minor.  Youngest plans to double major.  For both kids with minors, it was almost accidental - someone, possibly their advisors? - in each of their programs pointed out to them how close they were to a minor, so each took one or two more classes to complete it.

• Thanks 1