Menu

The Story of Science

goldenecho

Has anyone used the teacher's guide or student guide of "The Story of Science?"   Tell me about the experiments.  Can you do them with just the teacher's guide?   What are they like?

If there's anyone here who's used both that and "Science in the Ancient World" (or any of the rest of Jay Wiles series on science through history), can you tell me how both his series and the Story of Science compares.  I know he comes from a Christian/Creationist viewpoint, but I really thought his explanation of the science was easy to understand, so I'm wondering how Joy Hakim's compares in that area. 

I have, sort of. It's better for kids who are a bit older than who I was having do it. My fourth grader enjoyed the reading and the few experiments but didn't like the assignments, and that was ok with me at this point, so we didn't implement much from the workbook or teacher's guide past the first third. 

I can look up any specific questions you have, but I think you could easily do the experiments with either the teacher's guide OR the workbook, but you wouldn't need both.

We used them in middle school. DD enjoyed them but it was years ago now. I believe you could get by with just the teachers manual but we did have both at the time. We also just skip or watch a video about experiments we can’t do at home.  Never seen Wiles stuff