Menu

Has anyone had surgery to correct macular puckering?

mlktwins

So...I need surgery :-(.  I was diagnosed with macular puckering in November 2020 and it is progressing quickly.  6 months ago, the doctor was planning to prep me for eventual surgery over the next few visits, but I had my follow-up Tuesday and it needs to be done now.  The sooner I do it, the more vision I will have restored.  I will need to have cataract surgery 1st and have my consult appointment scheduled.

Anyone have any experience with this type of surgery?  I am not nervous about the cataract surgery as I just went through this with my dad in the fall (both eyes).

• Sad 2

• 3 months later...

This surgery usually takes about 30 minutes and takes place in the doctor's office . Surgery for macular pucker will improve your vision, but does not bring it back to normal. I was be able to regain about half of the vision I was lost from a macular pucker. Mom have much more vision restored, brother less. Anyway, this kind of surgery can help you with vision distortion. My macular pucker surgery recovery time was about four months. The first time you will need to apply special moisturizing creams and use eye drops that you prescribe an ophthalmologist.