Menu

Happy update

My daughter has esotropia and has been seeing a developmental optometrist for several years now. She has made great improvements. We were scheduled to start vision therapy soon at her other office, but after yesterday's check up it is no longer needed! 

I don't know any of the jargon, but apparently she was given two tests and scored above the 50th percentile on them. Her depth perception is still not perfect, which is something I think we can try to work on, though (ala Fixing my Gaze book probably). I do know she was able to use the VR headset, though. 

She had been referred to a specific OT by the optometrist for primitive reflex integration. That was a 12 week period of appointments and a little home follow up. They said she has integrated them all. 

She had an IEP update and has made a lot of improvement in speech. She won't qualify for summer speech this time and they expect the speech therapy to be completed sometime next school year. She's just working on two sounds that they say aren't noticeable when she reads, just in conversation. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1