Menu

Aside from vaccines, what are you doing to improve your health against COVID

thewellerman

5 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

Whatcha want to hear? I jumped through all the hoops, got my medicinal marijuana "license" to do it all legally through Iowa. It's quite the monopoly.  I pay $100 (annually) for a card, another $100 for a caregiver card (annually) then overpay for CBD and marijuana products, all the while not being privy to the strain.  For spasticity, the CBD works better for me than the state's lovely minimalistic options. (Roll eyes)

In a best case scenario, I'd rather cross the border, choose my strain for specific medicinal purposes, and then come back.  However, my strain of choice (GDP) isn't offered as a leisure purchase option in Illinois. And, even with an Iowa medical need card, I'm only allowed to buy recreational and not medicinal.  Don't even get me started with the insanity of that.  Thus, I am forced to use CBD when the real thing would be more medically beneficial.  CBD reduces my spasticity and, likely, lowers inflammation.  That said, we did pick hemp this fall and the strain (The White) is heavy CBG.  I think CBG is going to be the next thing  we hear a lot about. We tinctured that here but it is so strong because we tinctured it in alcohol and not oil that I haven't consistently taken it.

That’s exactly what I’m looking for.  My spasticity is back right now and the amount of Baclofen needed to control it makes me a zombie.  My sister is in Colorado and keeps mentioning CBD to me. I have a controlled substance agreement so CBD would be my only option right now.

I’m constantly anemic so I’m going to get my b12 checked and look into the correlation with protein and hair loss. Anything I can do to decrease inflammation is a go with MS.

4 minutes ago, melmichigan said:

That’s exactly what I’m looking for.  My spasticity is back right now and the amount of Baclofen needed to control it makes me a zombie.  My sister is in Colorado and keeps mentioning CBD to me. I have a controlled substance agreement so CBD would be my only option right now.

I’m constantly anemic so I’m going to get my b12 checked and look into the correlation with protein and hair loss. Anything I can do to decrease inflammation is a go with MS.

@melmichigan - a friend I love has serious progressive MS.  Some things between us are crazy similar and some (like sensitivity to heat/cold) are totally opposite.  I take an insane amount of turmeric.  Theracumin is the best and Leap is the least expensive way for me to get a lot of rather spendy supplements in one source.  I take it both AM and PM. 

I *despise* baclofen.  I know most use it but it makes me feel like a landlubber on a ship.  I experimented with tiny amounts of tizanidine this month and I prefer it over baclofen.  However, it's rough on the liver and ALS patients generally experience some form of liver dysfunction.  So I just requested a script for Amrix - a time released form of Flexeril.  Maybe those are options? If you haven't seen the Nurown trials, you really might want to look into them.  They'd begun the MS trial last I looked into it and I am hopeful for Nurown success for both ALS and MS patients.  It's not a cure but a treatment is welcome!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 9:39 AM, BlsdMama said:

@melmichigan - a friend I love has serious progressive MS.  Some things between us are crazy similar and some (like sensitivity to heat/cold) are totally opposite.  I take an insane amount of turmeric.  Theracumin is the best and Leap is the least expensive way for me to get a lot of rather spendy supplements in one source.  I take it both AM and PM. 

I *despise* baclofen.  I know most use it but it makes me feel like a landlubber on a ship.  I experimented with tiny amounts of tizanidine this month and I prefer it over baclofen.  However, it's rough on the liver and ALS patients generally experience some form of liver dysfunction.  So I just requested a script for Amrix - a time released form of Flexeril.  Maybe those are options? If you haven't seen the Nurown trials, you really might want to look into them.  They'd begun the MS trial last I looked into it and I am hopeful for Nurown success for both ALS and MS patients.  It's not a cure but a treatment is welcome!!!

I will check out the trials.  I'm just getting to a point of looking at supplements and diet, so if you have any resources I'm all ears. I'll admit to having ignored my MS up until these last two years. Now it's kicking me in the teeth.

I have taken Amrix in the past.  I hope it goes well for you.  I just felt very disconnected while taking it, and it didn't seem to improve with time.