Menu

Tile that is not exactly smooth -what is the best way to clean the ridges?

I've just noticed that the tile in the girls' bathroom has begun to collect dirt in ridges that the shmop is not getting. This is not a large rooom but I *really* don't want to have to get on my hands and knees and scrub each and every pocket where dirt is hiding. Is there some kind of cleaner that works well at loosening that stuff up???

... have you tried "Scrubbing Bubbles" or hat spray-it-and-leave-it shower cleaner? The only other thing I can think of is dousing the area with bleach and using a stiff brush to get the dirt out.

No, I haven't tried anything yet. :-} This is new tile so I'm just now realizing the problem. :-P I like your ideas. I'll be sure to put them on the list of possibilities for combatting this!!

I had tile like that all over my house (kitchen, living room, entry way, and hallway. The only thing I could do is get a bucket of soapy water (I used ammonia), a sponge, and a scrub brush, don my rubber gloves, sit down on my butt, and clean one tile at a time, along with the grout around each one. I did this only twice a year, and it took days (doing 20 minutes sections now and then, when I got a chance through the day).

I hated that tile. When we were shopping for tile for my new house, that was one of the questions I asked salespeople (dirt sticking in pits and rough places in the tile). They all told me that that was a sign of cheap tile; it was poor glaze. (groan) Anyway, I wish I could give you better news, but I lived in that house and never found anything that worked better than ammonia, water, and a scrub brush.