Menu

Suggestions for a business curriculum please.

My 11th grader is interested in learning business this year because he's into skateboarding and wants to see about starting a business. Do you have any business curriculum ideas? I got one off Amazon by Carol Topp but not sure it's going to do the trick. Any suggestions are appreciated :)

I don't have a curriculum suggestion, but listening to the Tim Ferriss podcast would be an excellent beginning and middle. I've been listening for years. So good. The perfect episode to start with is #351.

On episode 351: "First is Allen Walton (@allenthird), founder of SpyGuy, an online security store based in the Dallas, Texas area. Walton struggled in high school and spent a few years playing video games before his mom made him apply for a job at a local surveillance chain, where he worked from 2009-2011. He became interested in starting his own business after being exposed to The 4-Hour Workweek. In 2014, he went out on his own and started SpyGuy, his current business. He built the business to $1 million in revenue on his own, relying on what he learned in books and podcasts, and it now brings in seven-figure revenue with five employees."

I also highly recommend reading the 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss.

Let me know if you want more ideas. Very cool that he wants to start a business!! ♥♥♥

Edited by Alicia64
  • Like 1