Menu

Pre-Algebra

Janeway

My son is ready for algebra but I would like to see him spend more time polishing the math prior to algebra.  I really would like to use myhomeschoolmathclass, but...the access or use of videos could end up being questionable for us. We are hoping/planning to spend a month in a place without technology. I am considering Math Mammoth. I already have 3 wonderful algebra books that I could just use the early chapters from, but wonder if spending an entire year on pre-algebra would be the better way to go. I would have been interested in Dolciani as that is my favorite algebra/geometry/algebra2 series, but those books are expensive. Can Jann's class be done at our own pace so that we can finish up early or late to go around our schedule? Plus, sometimes, internet is spotty at home which is largely due to my husband running three computers working at home and his computers are on "priority" so it will disconnect other people's computers. I have also wondered if Jacob's Math Endeavors book would be a good idea?  

edited to add:  I have copies of all the Keys to Algebra and some of the Keys to fractions. And MEP has their stuff for free. I could piece meal things together from that. 

Edited by Janeway