Menu

New dates for AMC and AIME

49 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Whooa. How come, do you know? 

That's rather good for us, lol. I'm trying to train DD8 for the AMC 8 and an extra few months is much appreciated... 

I heard it was so that kids who qualify for AIME would have more time to prepare. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HomeForNow said:

Actually that email was from AoPS. But the new calendar is up on the MAA website (with at least some of these dates)  https://www.maa.org/math-competitions/about-amc/events-calendar

I saw that! 🙂 Very cool. 

Hmm, now I have to decide whether to have DD8 sit for the AMC 10 or not. She can't realistically do very well this year, but it kind of made sense when it was after the AMC 8... but if it's before, it might just be stressful to have that first. 

This actually help our situation because I was going to put effort into doing number theory and geometry this summer. Now, I know I can wait until the fall when we would be doing some of this with math circle and with math as we go along.

Edited by calbear
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, calbear said:

This actually help our situation because I was going to put effort into doing number theory and geometry this summer. Now, I know I can wait until the fall when we would be doing some of this with math circle anyways.

Hah, exactly. I was going to move to probability with DD8 soon, but now I can spend more time on geometry. And since we've JUST gotten serious about geometry, that's definitely good for me.